Dr. Amaljyoti Sengupta, VC of Bengal Engineering College (DU) approved the new alumni project proposal to create and institutionalize a sustainable process for seminars and lectures by alumni and other invited speakers at B E College (DU). The purpose of this new project is to foster a lifelong intellectual and emotional connection between the college and its graduates; and to enhance the capability of Bengal Engineering College Deemed University (BECDU), Shibpur, India. [ more ]
We need speakers to start and sustain the project. As a speaker you have options to select a topic from a wide range of areas: Technological Advancements, Technological Challenges, Entrepreneurships, Curriculum Development, Higher Studies Options, many more related subjects.
The process will be web based. Here are the main steps:
1) Send a request to Prof. Pratik Dutta, 90 MinE, Lecturer, Mining Engineering at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mr. Ashish Basu, 83CE at email@example.com or post a message to the Alumni Web site as
http://www.becollege.org -> Discussion Board -> Seminar
2) Seminar Faculty and Alumni team will review your topic to make sure it is relevant to B E College Students and Faculty and satisfies general guidelines posted to the Seminar section at the web. The team will review the topic to make sure it does not promote any individual company, any group or any political message.
3) If approved, Faculty team will contact you to schedule a seminar based on your availability and will post one page summary, date and location to "Event Calendar" at www.becollege.org
4) Faculty team will arrange round trip transportation from Greater Kolkata to B E College campus and will host the speaker.
5) Once the seminar is delivered, the presentation will be posted to the alumni web site.
You also can join alumni team to review seminar topics and speakers. As of now, team is represented by Mr. Ashish Basu, 83 CE, VP of Sales & Business Development at Interra Systems and has one open position.
|Comments by Indranil Ghosh from India on Sunday, April 04, 2004 at 01:26 - IP Logged |
|I am an electrical engineer working in a large private sector power plant. I am a B E College pass out - 82EE. I wish to share my 22 years experience with you all. If you arrange seminar/ lecture on a topics like "Maintenance Management in power plants", I will be certainly able to contribute. I also often take lectures/ conduct workshop on executive development program. In such case, my favorite topic is "Conditioning of mind for managing radical changes". |
Regarding my favourite topic "Conditioning of mind for managing radical changes", a full day workshop for 20-30 people will be appropriate. But, topic like "Maintenance Management in power plants" may be of shorter duration (4-8 hours). However, both of my programs can be custom made. If choice is given, I will design it according to the need. My talk can focus various managerial aspects like objectives, organisation, types of maintenance, balance score card of any typical maintenance dept., motivation, suggestion schemes, safety & accident control etc. or any other topic that can be expected from a working maintenance professional.
I am Mumbai based. Hence, I will be generally available during my visit to Calcutta. Special trip can be arranged on your request.
Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
|Comments by Mrinal Kanti Bera M BEC 1958 from Canada on Friday, March 19, 2004 at 15:39 - IP Logged |
|Would like to join as a speaker on Entrepreneurship. Advance notice is required, as I may be out of India from time to time. |
|Comments by MRINAL kANTI bERA from India on Friday, March 19, 2004 at 15:33 - IP Logged |
|I feel glad that the Alumni are positively thinking to make Bengal lead the country again. |
|Comments by Pratik Dutta from India on Monday, March 08, 2004 at 21:04 - IP Logged |
|While contacting me over e-mail please send a copy of the mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org|